Wednesday, January 10, 2007

a quick note before I'm off...

Yesterday we (Divi and I) ended up doing nothing. Both of us felt kind of sick (me more so). The guy who was stuck in Germany finally got here last night. I really enjoyed The Inspector General, it seems like children's theater to me, although it apparently wasn't. Teresa and I had some kind of stuffed pasta for dinner last night (at midnight). That was a nice break from the usual. Marc (our prof) informed us yesterday also that the Azbuka Vkusa grocery store to which we're been going basically since we got here is one of the most expensive in Moscow - so THAT'S why I haven't been eating very much for the last week. Anyway, last night we stopped by at a fairly slummy - but cheap! - Produkty (again, grocery store for those of you not up on their Russian) and bought the little noodly things. That reminds me, not at all to do with Russia, but if you haven't heard of the Pastafarians, wikipedia them immediately - hilarious!
So today we're getting a tour of MosFilm. It's the Hollywood of Europe. The produce more movies than anywhere outside of Hollywood (and I think Balliwood). For sure they produce the most in all of Europe (if you can call Moscow "Europe" - which I really don't think you can). So that's my schedule for today. I think I might be pretty busy until I fall asleep tonight, but if I get a chance to sneak away to Kofe Hauz, I'll upload some pics.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Good morning!
I'm glad you liked the Inspector General.
How was Mosfilm? That sounds like it could be fascinating.
Did you take the Circle Tour/Ride?
I had heard of Pastafarians before but had not checked out their website, so I did that - funny!
Good thing you found out that one grocery store was really expensive. I hope you feel better soon. love ya mom

Catherine said...

PS I am glad the guy who was stuck in Germany (bad passport) finally made it there. Wow! That was a full week of the four week Russia tour spent in Germany. Now you have four in your dorm room, right?

Karl said...

What you need is a nice cup o lard!

Hope you feel better!

Pastafarians? Oh yeah- The Flying Spaghetti Monster- I have seen that! Definitely a program you can get behind!

Unknown said...

How many are there in your group?
I think there were 5 people in the photo in front of St Basil's. Catherine mentions FOUR in your dorm room! Tight! I presume everyone attends St Olaf's?

The cuisine sounds de-lish!

You are certaily having a remarkable "life experience", aren't you?
Kudos!